“Non-conventional Yeasts: from Basic Research to Application” Rzeszow University; Poland, May 15-18, 2018
Last week (15-18.05 2018) Rzeszow University in Poland was hosting an international conference “Non-conventional Yeasts: from Basic Research to Application” organized by a world authority in the yeast research Professor Andriy A. Sibirny under the auspices of the International Commission on Yeasts (ICY).
The conference was a great success with over 130 participants from 30 countries from all over the world. The top 3 countries with the most scientists who came to attend the conference were 1) Ukraine, 2) Japan and 3) Austria.
Along with a big team of scientists from Institute of Cell Biology of NASU in Lviv (http://www.cellbiol.lviv.ua/), Ukrainian science was also presented by a team from DK Zabolotny Institute of Microbiology and Virology of NAS of Ukraine in Kyiv: Professor Valentyn Pidgorskyi and Doctors Marina Fomina and Olga Ianieva.
1) The venue of the conference - Rzeszów University Centre of Innovation and Technological and Environmental Knowledge Transfer
2) ProfessorsAndriy A. Sibirny and ValentynPidgorskyi at Rzeszow University conference hall
3) Poster session: Dr Olga Ianieva
4) Poster session: Dr Marina Fomina with PhD student from JapanArvin LapizValderrama and Dr Dorota Radecka from Poland
5) Zabolotny Institute of Microbiology and Virology team