Division of Biomedical Research
The division of medical-biological testing performs:
- testing of medical products and materials.
The list of products and materials included in the area of accreditation:
- disposable infusion syringes
- disposable infusion needles
- systems, instruments, devices, accessories used in blood service and other products if their specifications contain such characteristics as sterility, toxicity and pyrogenicity
- atraumatic needles
- dialyzers for extrarenal blood purification
- medical cotton wool and gauze products – bandages, cotton wool, gauze, dressings, sterile napkins.
- surgical sutures.
The laboratory performs testing for microbiological penetration of:
- fabrics and textile items;
- individual protective devices;
- work wear and special-purpose clothes.
The testing results are included in the relevant testing protocol which serves as a basis for product certification.