Vynograds'kyj Society of Microbiologists of Ukraine. (SMU) – National public organization joining specialists from the whole Ukraine who work in the field of microbiology, virology and related fields.
The main SMU purpose – comprehensive promotion researches in the field of microbiology and virology, especially aspects and industries related to socio-economic development of Ukraine and protection and representing the members’ common interests.
The main objectives of SMU:
- assist members of the Society in enhancing their professional skills and assist in the implementation of their research results, inventions and innovations in medicine, industry and agriculture;
- assist higher and secondary schools in planning and carrying out research work, in teaching microbiology and virology in schools;
- popularization and promotion of the latest advances in theoretical and applied microbiology, virology and related fields of science.
To ensure the fulfillment of their tasks SMU:
- develops local offices of the Society, manages their activities and participates in the organization of research on different issues of microbiology and virology;
- promotes trainings;
- organizes and conducts conferences, debates, conventions and symposiums to discuss the scientific and organizational matters within the limits of the Society;
- conducts lectures and discussions, promotes courses, expeditions, exhibitions;
- develops dissemination materials and research work of the Society members;
- helps members of the Society in the publication of their works and application of their inventions;
- actively participates in development methods, recommendations, research protocols;
- provides research programs and project expertise, estimation of research results quality;
- develops and brings to the Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and other institutions scientific and organizational issues in the field of microbiology and virology;
- offers for the public and personal awards research results of outstanding Ukrainian scientists;
- nominates young scientists to receive scholarships;
- maintains contacts with scientific societies and institutions in other countries, addresses issues on international research societies.